Personal mail : yan [AT] grunenberger.net
- 02/2018 – now() : Telefonica, Madrid, Distrito T
Head of Lab and Research activities for the « Internet Para Todos » Project, Telefonica effort to connect the unconnected.
- 09/2015 – 02/2018 : Telefonica, Barcelona, Diagonal 00
Research & innovation activities. « Connecting the unconnected » project.
Product Security Engineer
- 09/2014 – 08/2015 : Qualcomm, San Diego (Telecommuting)
- 07/2011 – 07/2014 : Telefonica I+D, Barcelona, Diagonal 00
R&D around wireless networks (WiFi & Cellular), Home networking.
- 03/2010 – 07/2011 CTTC, Engineering Unit, Barcelona
R&D activites around software architecture for SDR, WiFi, Sensors networks.
- 12/2008 – 02/2010 Mootwin (now Motwin), near Grenoble.
First experience in a startup, developing for the iPhone platform, building mainly working demos.
Phd – Researcher
- 12/2004 – 12/2008 INPG/Laboratoire LIG, Grenoble, Isère
Start a Phd program in computer science, wireless networks, under supervision of Pr. Andrzej Duda and Franck Rousseau.
Work on europeans and french projects (WIP, SAFARI…).
- 3/2006 – 4/2006 Intel Research, Cambridge, UK, CambridgeShire
Internship at the now defunct Intel research labs at Cambridge, under the supervision of Dina Papagiannaki.
- 10/2004 – 11/2004 Eikonex, Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées
A short job before starting PhD, working with SIP protocol with SIP Express router and Asterisk.
- 3/2004 – 6/2004 France Télécom R&D, Grenoble/Meylan, Isère
Work on a prototype distributed video platform for panoramic vision, used for demonstrating context and presence awareness.
- 7/2003 – 8/2003 Laboratoire LSR, Grenoble, Isère
Porting mDNS/DNS-SD on Windows CE, and some interesting Java stuff around context and profile management.
- 7/2002 – 8/2002 France Telecom, Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées
Help to write specifications for a rewrite of a internal tool.
- 12/1996 – 12/1996 France Telecom, Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées
Write some report on video and phone usage for internal usage at FT.
- 12/2004 – 12/2008 INPG, Grenoble, Isère
Phd – « Doctorat, 3ème cycle »
Computer science related, wireless network. Great time working with great people here.
- 9/2001 – 6/2004 Ensimag – Département Télécom – INPG, Grenoble, Isère
Specialized in signal processing, image and signal. Some interesting project like kernel programming, DSP. Completed with Good grade.
Quite a complete vision of computer science in a single school.
- 9/1998 – 6/2001 Lycée Prépa Saliège, Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées
Preparative classes to competitive exams. PCSI/PSI, so oriented on engineering. Interesting discover of mechanical engineering.
- 9/1990 – 6/1998 Lycée Notre Dame, Cahors, Midi-Pyrénées. Scientific, finished with Good grade.
- German – at school but now so old.
- English – quite good despite a wonderful french accent. Was scored 915 at TOEIC in 2003.
- Spanish – listening but speaking as soon as possible.
- French – mothertongue.
Detailed resume available on demand.